About Us

My photo
Fort Hood, TX
Our family is traveling through life - sometimes at extraordinarily high speeds - it's good to stop and record the roses and thorns along the way...

Monday, December 22, 2008

Maybe I should play the lottery after all!

So, last Friday I finally hooked up with my girlfriend Becky to go out on a girl's night to Chipotle and the movies - she hadn't seen Twilight yet (gasp!) and I couldn't let that go any longer - Joey was very generous to let me go as Carissa had been off and on puking for a couple of days.  So far the rest of us had escaped...tick...tick...tick...

I was ecstatic to get some adult girltime so I ignored that little "uncomfortable" feeling I'd had in the car while coming home from Christmas shopping with Ethan.  After all, I had kinda missed lunch, I thought, nothing that a little Chipotle can't cure!  Whoo hoo! (-:

Dinner was awesome - lot's of girl talk - but I could only finish half my burrito and barely that.  Just a little queasy no big deal.  Becky asked if I wanted to skip the movie - No way!  I'd been looking forward to seeing Edward..er the movie (again (-;) as much as the girl time! (no offense Becky) So off we went...

Movie starts - only about 5 other people in the theater - Great! No screaming teenagers to listen to this time...I wiggle uncomfortably through the first half - determined to stay - Man this movie is even better the second time - finally, I decide the bathroom sounds like a good idea - I start at a walk - that gets quicker - Uh Oh - please let me make it - I made it just in time to the trash can right outside the theater door - I look around quickly - NO ONE saw me? I can't believe my luck - Quicky, I jettison myself across the hallway (bathrooms were directly across from us (lucky again) -  I make it just to the next trash can behind the 3 foot protruding partition at the entrance of the bathroom hall - No one in this hallway either??  - I see the ladies room door - What?  No one in here either? - In the stall...Ew, this feels like morning sickness all over again...instant relief... If I knew that all it took to feel better was to throw up - I think that I wouldn't have fought it so long.

So what are the odds - Friday night at the movie theater - making it to two trashcans, down two hallways to hit the empty restroom - and THEN get to feel better and watch the rest of the movie, too???  I'm feelin' pretty lucky right now!

BONUS - I missed a part of the movie so I have an excuse to go again!!! How do you buy a lottery ticket again? (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment