About Us

My photo
Fort Hood, TX
Our family is traveling through life - sometimes at extraordinarily high speeds - it's good to stop and record the roses and thorns along the way...

Sunday, January 11, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

As Joey asked, via facebook, "So how does it feel to hit the big THREE ZERO? (for the 7th time)" Someone once told me, on my real 30th birthday, that from then on when anyone asked my age I could just tell them I'm 30.  And if they ask when I turned 30, just to answer, "Oh...a little over a year ago." 
I remember growing up that my parents didn't really celebrate their birthdays much.  I don't know if they didn't want to, were just too busy, or if it was an aging thing or what, but I love how getting older feels - the confidence I've gained and the experiences I have had are great, not lamentable - although I will admit I'm glad to be through with some of those experiences!  So, I've decided that I'm going to overlook Joshua pointing out my gray hairs and wrinkles (yes, he does that ALL the time to tease me - at least I know when it's time to color!) and from now on I am going to extend my birthday celebration from one day to one week.  
It's LA DOLCE VITA, Baby!

Then again, maybe I'm just justifying that this year, with Joey gone, I started celebrating last Saturday and am still going...while the cat's away...LOL

2 comments:

  1. Well, you should come celebrate with us! Alice and I are both celebrating 30 again too! Thursday at Chipotle 11 am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oddly enough, I felt really stressed about 37! I worried all year long that I was slipping into 40! When I turned 38 in October, I felt younger! It was like, "oh good, I have two whole years before 40!" Go figure...what a waste of time, worrying, right?

    ReplyDelete