About Us

My photo
Fort Hood, TX
Our family is traveling through life - sometimes at extraordinarily high speeds - it's good to stop and record the roses and thorns along the way...

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Perspective...

Today, Joey leaves for 12 weeks of training in SC.  Just a few years ago, I would have been really dreading this separation - wondering how I was going to do it.  Funny thing, when I see all the amazing women around me doing not 12 weeks, but 12 months or more of separation I get a whole new perspective.  12 weeks seems like a blink.  

Surprisingly, I have come to see that distance really DOES make the heart grow fonder.  I realize that even when your marriage isn't perfect, it's pretty good - being separated reminds you of the good things...every day!  You rekindle the ability to appreciate each other and when you're together you don't bicker over the little stuff - it just doesn't seem all that important.  Even though, given the choice, you wouldn't choose to be separated, I am surprised that I have been able to find positive things about it and focus on them.

Of course, in a few days when the kids are driving me nuts my "perspective" might change (-:

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to see him go...which means you guys are that much closer to moving, right??? That's sad for me! I hope you are doing okay! I just got into this blogging thing this week with my sis-in-law here! Isaac got the call today that he leaves for Iraq on MONDAY! We thought until now that it was the 10th!
    I don't know if my blog site will show up with this but if not, www.thelonestarspicerack.blogspot.com
    See you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete